This is a tutorial on how to fold origami frogs!
You're probably thinking...why would I want/need to fold an origami frog!???
Well...for starters: they are awesome and cute and hop (if you fold them correctly), they are easy to make AND you can use them for your Halloween costume?
Yes, I will post a tutorial on how to make a Halloween costume with origami frogs later today (made especially for Serena Verbon).
What you need:
*a table to fold on
*paper to fold (any paper that's in a square, folding paper or special origami paper)
And here's how you do it:
1) You choose a piece of paper and lay it flat on the table.
2)You fold it in half.
3) You fold the paper open.
4) You turn the paper clock-wise.
5) Again, you fold the paper in half
6) You fold the paper open.
7) You turn the paper upside-down.
8) You turn the paper clock-wise so that one point is pointing down.
8) You make a diagonal fold.
9) You fold the paper open.
10) You turn the paper clock-wise.
11) You make another diagonal fold.
12) You fold the paper open.
13) You then have to fold 2 out of 4 sides in so that you get a double triangle.
14) Then fold the right side downward (in half) to form the base of the leg/back.
15) Do the same thing on the left side.
16) And fold the right leg half back.
17) Do the same thing on the left side.
Now you have legs :).
18) Turn the frog upside down (now it looks kinda like a kite with legs ;P ).
19) Now fold the right side upward (in half).
20) Do the same thing on the right side (it starts looking like a frog).
21) Now fold the right side half way down.
22) Do the same thing on the left side.
23) To make the frog able to jump, you have to fold the legs up about 1 cm.
24) Then fold it back half a centimeter.
25) Now your frog is ready to jump :).
If you want to make the Halloween costume you are going to need a lot, so you better start folding ;).
Do you find this tutorial usefull?
Until next time,