Saturday, January 29, 2011

NOTD: OPI - Clubbing Til Sunrise



I got this polish through the Make-Up Ruildoos (a trading box for make-up) from the Dutch Lush Forum.
I took some items from the box and put some items in the box.
This amazingly warm and cheerful polish was one of the things I took.



This polish contains MUCH more polish than I'm used to *shock*.
For example, the Essence Colour & GO polishes (you know, those small bottles) are 5 ml, the regular Catrice polishes are 10ml and the LE Catrice polishes are 8ml.
This OPI polish however had a whopping 15ml of polish in just 1 bottle!!!
OPI also sells mini's but I don't know how much ml they contain.



On the bottom of the bottle, you can find the label with the name on it.
This beauty is called "Clubbing Til Sunrise".
At first I read Clubbing Till Sunrise instead of Clubbing Til Sunrise and I already put the wrong name on the first pic of this post, so I had to redo that *rolls eyes at herself* :P.



This is the first time I used an OPI polish and I was curious to find out if it was easy to use, if the polish wasn't too thick, if the coverage was good, if it didn't apply too streaky, etc.
Let's just say it met my expectations.



First, I applied a layer of Catrice's Smoothing Base Coat.
Then I gave Clubbing Til Sunrise a good shake and roll, and started polishing.
I found out that this polish had the right thickness and that it was easy to apply.
Also, it was pretty fast drying, even when you apply 3 coats (which I did ;) ).
The polish applied a tad bit streaky, bit this is always the case with pearly or metallic polishes, so I don't mind the least.
As you can see, the coverage is great!
I applied 3 coats, since I usally do that and tend to like it best this way, though 2 coats could be enough with this one.



Then, the colour.
I think it's gorgeous!
As a rule I tend to like orange polishes, especially if they aren't creamy, but a nice metallic/pearl/shimmer/glitter.
This one is a great addition to my orange polishes, since it's darker and more metallic than the other orange polishes in my stash.
Also, since it's easy to apply and dries really fast, it's easy to use when you don't have a lot of time or don't feel like doing your nails.

I used a layer of Catrice Ultra Long Lasting Top Coat on top of this polish, and was able to wear this for 3 days (with 2 days being completely chip free!).

There's only one downside to this nail polish.
For the first time ever, I got bubbles in my nail polish.
Maybe If I don't shake the bottle next time, but roll it around in my hands, there will be no bubbles :D.

With flash:



Without flash:



Conclusion: Great polish! Not too thick, easy to apply, not too streaky, dries really fast, great colour and long lasting.

What do you think of OPI polishes?
Do you like/hate them?
And do you have any favourites?

Until next time,

Freya

No comments:

Post a Comment