Wednesday, January 26, 2011

NOTD: Catrice - Biscuits & Cupcakes



I made this NOTD last week, but couldn't find the time to post it, so here it is :D.
This NOTD was made with the polish "C04 Biscuits & Cupcakes", a Limited Edition polish from the Catrice Urban Baroque collection.

I read on other blogs about the sheerness of this product, but decided to try it for myself, and boy, am I glad I did!





The packaging of this polish is very stilish and pretty.
The bottle has the same shape and colours as the regular Catrice nail polishes, though it's a bit smaller, and there are some nice graphics on the cap.

The brush is about the same size as the regular ones, which isn't small but not big either.
To me this is the perfect brush size, since I can't polish my nails with extra broad brushes (yes, I'm thinking of you, Miss Sporty!).



Usually, the consistency of Catrice is pefect (not syrupy or runny, just easy to work with).
This one howerver, is a bit thicker.
Not syrupy yet, bet definitely thicker.
I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to get it right, because of the thickness, but it actually worked out ok in the end :D.

Like I said, this polish is sheer.
A lot of people couldn't get enough coverage, but luckily I did!
I used a smoothing base coat by Catrice (works a bit like a ridge filler), then 3 layers of this polish, and then a nice layer of Ultra Long Lasting top coat (also by Catrice).



When I was done, I was astonished!
I had damaged 4 of my nails, while polishing, and just covered it up with a bit of polish, but when I was done, my nails were completely smooth :D.
My nails had a very nice pink colour, they were completely smooth, and it simply looked like I had my nails done professionally!
This never happened to me before.
Also, 30 minutes after my top coat, my nails where complety dry, and I couldn't dent them anymore, which isn't always the case.

The result:

*With flash



*Without flash



Conclusion:
You need to really take the time for this one (unless you have a very fast drying top coat like INM Out The Door or Seche Vite), but you will get great results :D!
The consistency is thicker than most Catrice polishes, en definitely thicker than I'm used to, but with a little patience you will get amazing nails, though it is a bit difficult.
Also, you need to apply 3 coats.

If you don't have a lot of patience or time, don't buy this one.
On the other hand, if you don't mind a little work and love the colour, I would definately recommend this.

C04 Biscuits & Cupcakes is a polish from the LE Catrice Collection "Urban Baroque", and is sold in January at drugstores "Trekpleister" and "Kruidvat" for €2,49 (I think).
If you would like to buy this, I suggest you hurry.


Have you tried any of the polishes of the "Urban Baroque" collection, or are you planning to?

Let me know what you think in the comments.

Until next time,

Freya

No comments:

Post a Comment